How’s summer treating everyone? My neighborhood is still celebrating the Fourth of July… I used to love the fireworks on the Fourth. I’m now getting really annoyed with all the fireworks. They start memorial day weekend and last through early to mid August. Not to sound like a total Debbie Downer, but what the hell? I’m all for celebrating the birth of our nation but two months of celebrating is just too much for me to handle.
In other news, even though the John Muir Trail hike I’d planned for, is not going to happen this year (record snowfall and all), we have a back up plan, the Tahoe Rim Trail. Now for trip planning, logistics, supplies, re-supplies, and everything else you need for a 165 mile walk in the woods.
I’m looking forward to testing Thoreau’s words out on this adventure. It’s always been true on day hikes and short trips. This will be my longest all-in-one-go hike. Who’s done it? Any advise?
Intentions for the week:
- Research and planning for the Tahoe Rim Trail hike
- Make some zucchini noodle recipes
- Make a whole bunch of smoothies – it’s hot and smoothies are my way of not having to “cook” in the summer
- Order my new tent
- Order trail shoes
- Order a bear can
- Buy food for the hike and prep re-supply boxes
- Order dog and cat food and prep their travel bags
- Pick up library books
- Watch Game of Thrones
- Read: #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- Continue reading the expanded and updated version of The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Continue working through Food Blogger Pro
What are you guys hoping to accomplish this week?