Happy Monday Guys!
Last week I received some rather disappointing news. I applied to a graduate program at PSU and received the fateful rejection letter. To say it wasn’t what I was expecting would be an understatement. Some ugly crying was involved. But, I took a few days to reevaluate, process, and come to terms with it. Regina Hartley’s TED Talk on why the best hire might not have the perfect resume also helped.
It’s not going to stop me from chasing my passion though and thanks to thought leaders like Seth Godin and Tim Ferriss I feel like I’m going to be just fine. You see, when it comes to things I want to do in my life, there is no shortage. I’ve taken some time over the weekend to start dream lining again and will continue to create.
Intentions for the week:
- Finish reading Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Continue reading Sustainable Fashion & Textiles: Design Journey’s by Kate Fletcher – I’m hoping to finish this this month – wish me luck!
- Renew my passport
- Post recipe for duck fat and sage mushrooms
- Post 50 ways to make the most of summer
- Watch Billions in Change
- Watch TED Talk: The Danger of Hiding Who You Are by Morgana Bailey
- Visit the currency exchange
- Mail out Poshmark purchases
- Drop off library books
- Pick up new library books
- Start a new batch of kombucha
- Research Sustainable MBA programs
- File business paperwork with the state, county, & city
What’s on your calendar for the week?